My husband LOVES my homemade Chinese Food, its what he asks for when we have special events and he gets to put in a special request (like birthday meals, anniversaries, or special guests are coming to visit). Its not hard to make, but its a bit time consuming….
There are two parts to this meal – Orange Chicken and Fried Rice.
- A large pack of Chicken breasts (clean and cut into bite size chunks)
- Large container of Corn Starch
- 3 eggs
- Cooking oil for frying.
- 2 cups of BBQ sauce
- 1 jar of Orange Marmalade (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce
- Clean and cut a whole platter of chicken breasts into bit size chunks.
- Put 2 cups of BBQ sauce, 1 jar of Orange Marmalade, and 1/4 or more soy sauce in a pan on the stove over low heat and stir regularly.
- Crack 3 eggs in a bowl and mix together well.
- Put the container of Corn Starch in a bowl for coating the chicken.
- In a large Skillet put on cooking oil and start heating.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then the cornstarch powder, and then put directly into the fryer.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through
- Place fried chicken in a bowl and toss with the Orange Sauce!
- Cooked White Rice (I make 4 servings)
- Sesame Oil
- 1 onion
- minced garlic
- 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup of soy sauce
- Cook White Rice according to package and set aside.
- In a large pot heat up sesame oil while chopping up your onion.
- Throw the chopped onion and desired amount of minced garlic into the pan.
- Once onion and garlic has sauteed, add the bag of frozen peas and carrots, cook until done (and most of the water has evaporated).
- Scoot all this to one side of the pot and and add more sesame oil, let warm and crack 2 eggs. Scramble them and then stir all contents together well. Cook until eggs are done
- Add White Rice and desired amount of soy sauce and mix all together well.
I hope this reciepe becomes a family favorite for your home like it has ours! ENJOY!